Fury camp respond to Hearn’s claims after Joshua fight scrapped

Anthony Joshua tells Tyson Fury he will be ‘ready in December’ for title fight

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

George Warren has confirmed that Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua is officially off. Both promotional outfits have now declared that the all-British showdown is dead in the water.

Warren — who has been representing Fury in negotiations — accused Eddie Hearn and Matchroom Boxing of ‘lacking ambition’ following Hearn’s statement that he had heard nothing back since Thursday from Queensbury Promotions. The pair had been in discussions over a renewed contract after Hearn raised concerns over several undisclosed points in the original paperwork. Warren and Hearn went back and forth with marked-up versions of the official terms until communication dropped last week. 

Now, Speaking to talkSPORT, Warren has given his side of the story. “I think the first thing to say is there’s always gonna be a difference in opinion in the extent of what needed to be done to get that deal over the line last week,” he said. “My personal opinion is that everyone was working hard. There seemed to be intent from the AJ side to try and do this, there certainly was from our perspective to try and do this.

“We made quite extensive requests over to their side both verbally, in emails, text messages, chasing them down to try and engage with us in a quicker fashion last week. And it fell down because quite frankly we got to a point with them where the communication coming back from them and the substance of that communication was lacking.

“I would say there was no ambition on their side to help me try and keep the thing going, that’s what it felt like by the end of it. I heard Eddie say the last time we spoke was on Thursday. The truth of the matter is we were waiting for a turnaround on a contract to come back on Wednesday evening.

“We didn’t get that, we instead got an email, a request from Frank Smith who obviously works for Matchroom, to ask us if we were still up for having discussions. Quite quickly after that, Eddie and I spoke in the night. It was left that he was gonna email me something over to the extent of dealing with what they declared as their final issue related to the way that we drafted the contracts, which was related to our position of having final say.


Hearn exposes Fury with Joshua ‘not only one sent contract’

Eubank made coaching decision over fears Jones and Dad would clash

Joshua and Hearn ‘backing out’ of Fury fight despite major agreement

“On that call I suggested we suggested that we insert some type of language to deal with having a mediator in place to settle disputes. We followed that up on Thursday inviting them to engage with us on that last real outstanding point on the top line. And that email didn’t get responded to.

“I tried to call Eddie a couple of times on Thursday, he didn’t answer my calls, didn’t get back to me. I briefly spoke to Freddie Cunningham [of 258 MGT] on Thursday. It was left that he was gonna come back to me and let me know their position on how quickly they wanted to move on this thing.”

Source: Read Full Article